LT 096 | Dr. Craig Marker – The Anti-Fragile Self
Subscribe & Review on : Apple Podcasts | Stitcher
The LEO Training Podcast exists for coaches, athletes, and listeners like you. If you enjoy this content and it provides you with valuable information, please consider giving back to LEO Training. Click the button below to Donate!
This week’s podcast guest is Dr. Craig Marker. Dr. Craig Marker is an associate professor, Chair and Program Director of Clinical Medical Psychology at Mercer University. He is also the Chief Operating Officer and Team Leader with StrongFirst.
Craig is a fitness enthusiast who has spent his life trying to help people improve their lives. As a professor, he works with students on how best to understand research and place it into context. He has published over fifty articles, chapters, and textbooks on psychology and research methods.
As a researcher, he understands the cutting edge of strength, sports performance, body composition, and nutrition. As a psychologist, he has focused on research and treatment of anxiety disorders, which positions him to understand motivation and the fear of making life changes.
Craig’s upcoming book, the AntiFragile Self, takes on the topic of building a stronger person in the mental and physical domains.
As a certified StrongFirst Kettlebell Instructor, Craig views kettlebells as one tool in the trade of forging a better person. He uses the Functional Movement Screen and multiple corrective movements to make sure his students are performing at their best for the rest of their lives.
3 Key Takeaways you will learn in this interview:
- How physical exercise can be used to treat social anxiety
- Overview of the 3 Energy Systems in the Body : Alactic, Glycolysis, and Aerobic
- Principles of StrongEndurance
- Craig’s background and research on social anxiety
- Overview of the 3 Energy Systems
- StrongEndurance – What is it and the principles behind it.
- StrongEndurance example protocol
- Craig’s book ‘The Anti-Fragile Self”
- The importance of being able to repeat a high intensity effort each day and at anytime – the mindset and situation a military or tactical operative has to take
- and much more!