LT 062 | Dr. Fiona Wilson – Low Back Injuries In Rowing
This week’s guest is Dr. Fiona Wilson. Dr. Fiona Wilson is a chartered physiotherapist with over 25 years of postgraduate experience. She is the former Chief physiotherapist for Rowing Ireland with a particular interest in low back pain and injuries in rowing. She is a regular contributor to WorldRowing.com and has authored a few articles in the past year regarding low back injury mechanisms and rehabilitation.
Here is what you will learn in this interview:
- Fiona Wilson’s Background
- Potential Pain triggers and injury mechanisms
- Cyclical loading of tissues
- FAI (Femoral Acetabular Impingement Sydrome)
- Why there is a disconnect with the research and high performance in the sport
- Understanding fatigue and how this changes posture and results in moving from the low back vs. the hips
- and much more!