LT 045 | Pavel Macek – Principles of Strength
In this interview I had the opportunity to sit down with Senior SFG, Pavel Macek. Pavel lives in the Czech Republic and runs a gym called KB5. He has also been a student of martial arts for the majority of his life and continues to practice currently. He began studying Judo initially and then segued into the chinese martial art of Practical Hung Kyun. He also is responsible for running StrongFirst Czech Republic.
The One Inch Punch
Here is what you will learn in this episode:
- Pavel’s background in martial arts and journey to coaching, strength training, and StrongFirst
- Physical education in school and the impact it had on him as an adult
- How reading the Naked Warrior changed his perspective on training and tied into martial arts
- Using Easy Strength as a blueprint for youth students
- “Untying the chair”
- Why the first 3 months with a new student are critical and integrating students into group classes
- “The tool does not matter, the principles behind them are most important.”
- and much more!
It’s easy to review the show and it helps the show grow and reach a new audience. If you enjoyed this episode please take a moment and drop a review in iTunes or Stitcher. Thank you!