LT 044 | Dean Somerset – The Complete Shoulder and Hip Blueprint
This is a very special interview with Dean Somerset. Dean and Tony Gentilcore just released a brand new product this week called “The Complete Shoulder and Hip Blueprint”. This is a 11+ hour course that is worth 1.1 CEU’s through the NSCA. Dean and Tony have put together a phenomenal resource and I’ve been personally following both their blogs for quite some time. Their experience, insight, and results speak for themselves so I encourage you to check out their new product and their respective websites.
Note: In the interest of transparency it is important to note that I am not receiving anything for mentioning this product. I’ve followed Tony and Dean’s work for a long and it’s allowed me to help others and I am paying it forward. Simple as that.
Dean is a personal trainer, author, and international public speaker whose main area of expertise is injury and medical dysfunction management through optimally designed exercise programs. Dean’s credentials include:
- BSc. Kinesiology – University of Alberta
- Certified Exercise Physiologist – Canadian Society of Exercise Physiologists
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist – National Strength & Conditioning Association
- Medical Exercise Specialist – American Academy of Health, Rehabilitation & Fitness Professionals
Dean has carved a niche for himself by working with individuals who have exited physical therapy and rehab. These individuals are cleared medically to return to work or sports but still may have some underlying dysfunctions or pain that needs to be addressed. Enter Dean!
Dean has written, spoken, and taught extensively regarding the hip and its structure and function. Here is what you will learn in this interview:
- Dean’s background and journey into the health and fitness industry
- How his experience as an athlete shaped his career
- Why the hip is a major driver for the knee and low back
- Why training the hip and improving its strength and function can be a catch all to total body improvements
- The transference of the athletic ready stance
- FAI – Femor0acetabular impingement
- How FAI effects the hips and foot position
- What happens when the feet are in a fixed position like in a rowing shell or ergometer
- The Complete Shoulder and Hip Blueprint – what you will learn and why you should invest in this product!
It’s easy to review the show and it helps the show grow and reach a new audience. If you enjoyed this episode please take a moment and drop a review in iTunes or Stitcher. Thank you!
- Dean Somerset
- Tony Gentilcore
- The Complete Shoulder and Hip Blueprint
- Eric Cressey
- Dr. Stuart McGill
- Shoulder Strategies and Hip Helpers Part 1
- 5 Common Hip Training Mistakes