LT 043 | Andrew Read – Health Before Fitness
Andrew Read has been in health & fitness industry for over 15 years. He is the owner and operator of Read Performance Training located in Victoria, Australia. He is a former Master RKC and currently teaches for Functional Movement Systems.
Andrew’s facility is like walking into a time machine. It pays homage to the Turner Halls of the late 19th Century. Movement and health is the focus. Every person who trains at Read Performance Training undergoes a Functional Movement Screen.
Andrew has a tremendous amount of experience and some of his accomplishments include:
- Master RKC (Russian Kettlebell Certified instructor – the only Australian ever promoted to this level).
- Certified Kettlebell Functional Movement Specialist
- Certified Indian Club Specialist
- National Director Primal Move
- Qualified Olympic and Power Coach through the Australian Weightlifting Federation
- Ironman Triathlete
- Author for – Blitz, Ultrafit, Inside MMA, International Kickboxer, Oxygen and Breaking Muscle.
- Lectured in Australia, USA, China and Korea.
I get this question all the time about “advanced” training plans. To me, what most people are after is the results of an advanced plan with minimal work and there’s no such thing. 8-7-4-3-2 gives us a template to work with that seems basic yet delivers amazing results. But no, it’s not a minimal amount of work as it can add up to 19 hours of health and fitness related work every week. That’s hardly beginner level. Not surprisingly it delivers super star levels of fitness while not impairing health. https://www.readpt.com/8-7-4-3-2/ #readpt #apexpredator #fitness #fitnessjourney #cardio #strengthtraining #functionaltraining
Here is what you will learn in this episode:
- Andrew’s background and training in Australia
- The approach at RPT
- Writing the book Beast Tamer
- The Tabata Study
- Aerobic vs. Anaerobic training and how this leads to burning fat vs. burning sugar
- and much more!
It’s easy to review the show and it helps the show grow and reach a new audience. If you enjoyed this episode please take a moment and drop a review in iTunes or Stitcher. Thank you!