LT 009 | Derek Fitzgerald – Ironman, Ironwill, Ironheart
In this episode you will hear from a very special guest. Derek Fitzgerald is the first Ironman finisher who is also a cancer survivor and heart transplant recipient. You’ll hear Derek’s story of going from the operating room table to the finish line of Ironman Kona!
Derek’s goal is to raise awareness of the issues faced by those with cancer and organ failure, and help fund new developments in the fields of oncology, cardiology and organ transplantation.
In this episode you will learn:
- Derek’s journey from cancer survivor to heart transplant recipient
- How he had to rebuild his movement and body
- Core Communication
- His work with his strength coach Fernando Paredes
- What healthy and fit means?
- Derek’s work in various in philanthropy and various charities and organizations
- and much more!
It’s easy to review the show and it helps the show grow and reach a new audience. If you enjoyed this episode please take a moment and drop a review in iTunes or Stitcher. Thank you!