I hope the rest of January was productive in training, coaching and life!
Here is the original content I’ve created this past month:
- 📚Read | Principles First
- My first blog post in over a year! This one recaps some of the presentations I did in December at the Joy of Sculling in Portugal. You will learn ten key training principles that can help you when it comes to program design as well managing your day to day schedule
- 📢Listen | Epsiode 111 | Pat Rufo: DISC Assessment
- This interview is with fellow rowing and strength and conditioning coach, Pat Rufo. DISC is a great tool to learn more about your athletes’ behavior and how they approach training, practice and competition. This is very useful for both coaches and athletes and the information you can glean from it can help improve your performance.
- 📢Listen | Episode 112 | Annie Vernon: Mind Games
- An insider’s view on mindset in sport. I interview author and Olympic Silver Medallist Annie Vernon to discuss her hit book, Mind Games. A must listen.
- 📢Listen | Episode 113 | Lindsay Shoop: Mindset Makes Rhythm
- Lindsay Shoop sits down and shares her story from walk on to Olympic Gold Medallist and her segueway into coaching post elite career. Plenty of pearls from Lindsay as she talks candidly about the raw emotion of training and racing and the behind the scenes information many athletes don’t discuss!
- 📢Listen | Strength Coach Roundtable Episode #15
- Will, Blake, and I catch up after a year. Will and I provide a summary of our individual presentations from the Joy of Sculling Conference. Blake asks us questions on our presentations.
- 🗓 Event | 2020 Avizaqcua Rowing Camp
- Registration is open! I’ll be back in Avis again for another junior/masters rowing camp. We have kept pricing low but extended the camp to be a week long. Join myself and Olympic Champion Dr. Mads Rasmussen for a fun filled week with rowing, food, and wine!
That’s all for this content roundup! Please write me back with suggestions on topics or guests for blog articles and podcasts.
Very Best Wishes,