I am very pleased to share a project I have been working on for over a year. Over the next week I’ll be releasing an entire podcast series focused on lightweight rowing.
As many of you know lightweight rowing will most likely be removed from the Olympics and more than likely from the World Cups and World Championships. Lightweight rowing has a rich and proud history and some of the best athletes to ever pick up an oar have been lightweights.
As the strength and conditioning coach for Portugal the majority of our athletes are lightweights so this project has had special significance for me personally and professionally.
Here are the first three interviews of the lightweight series:
- 📢Listen | Episode 114 | Eskild Ebbessen: Finding Speed
- This interview is with 3x Olympic Champion Eskild Ebbessen. Eskild is a Thomas Keller Medal Award Winner and a mainstay in the Danish Lightweight Men’s Four. I had the opportunity to sit down with him and talk to him about his entire career and how he continued to “find speed” across five olympic games.
- 📢Listen |Episode 115 | Mads Rasmussen: Believing in the Process
- Over the past two years I’ve had the unique opportunity to coach alongside Mads. He is one of the most humble and intelligent athletes I’ve ever met – but also a fierce competitor. Mads shares how he found rowing and achieved success all while attending medical school and getting married.
- 📢Listen | Episode 116 | Juliane Rasmussen: Setting Records & Athletes Own
- Juliane has been to four Olympic Games. Last year she set a new world record for the 2k erg for lightweight women 40+. In addition, she has done all of this while starting a family and her own company that she co-founded, Athletes Own.
- 🗓 Event | 2020 Avizaqcua Rowing Camp
- Registration is open! I’ll be back in Avis again for another junior/masters rowing camp. We have kept pricing low but extended the camp to be a week long. Join myself and Olympic Champion Dr. Mads Rasmussen for a fun filled week with rowing, food, and wine!
The last two interviews of this series will be published on Sunday March 1st. Be sure to subscribe to Apple Podcasts to get notified!
Very Best Wishes,