Episode 113: Lindsay Shoop – Mindset Makes Rhythm
Subscribe & Review on : Apple Podcasts | Stitcher
In Episode #113 of the LEO Training Podcast, I interview world champion and Olympic Gold Medallist Lindsay Shoop.
I sit down with Lindsay Shoop. Lindsay has amassed nearly two decades of coaching and rowing experience through to the Olympic level. She earned her MS Ed in Exercise Physiology and her Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist from the NSCA credential all while coaching full time in order to elevate her technical skills and knowledge through research-based understanding.
As an athlete, she is an Olympic Gold Medalist, US National Hall of Fame Rower, 3-Time World Champion, 5-Time World Cup Medalist over 8 World Cup Appearances, and has been part of a FISA Female Crew of the Year.
As a Coach, she has helped athletes find excellence at every level from middle through high school, college, elite, and masters.
Our conversation is split into two distinct parts. Her personal journey from novice to Olympic Champion and then her post rowing career and segueway into coaching.
Enjoy the show!
- Part 1: Finding Rowing
- Your personal story and journey into rowing (Olympic Champion, World Champion and National Rowing Hall of Fame)
- How you found the sport
- National Team
- Part 2: The last 9 years…
- – Post National Team Career
- CSCS and Masters in Physiology
- Coaching rowing at every level and lessons learned (junior, collegiate, pre-elite, elite, paralympic, and master)
- Presentation at USRowing doing with Marc Nowak
- Developing interpersonal relationships with athletes, trust, and buy i